Accounting and Reporting Manager
The City of Eugene Finance Division is looking to add a member to their Accounting & Reporting Team!
Do you see yourself leading efforts to ensure the financial integrity of your local government? Would you enjoy managing a staff that is tackling complex accounting and payroll challenges, as well as ad hoc financial analysis projects? If your workday included directing technical staff as well as undertaking analytical problems yourself, would you find that mix satisfying?
If these questions describe you, then you might be the right person for an exciting opportunity with the City of Eugene, Central Services Finance Division!
Salary Range: $38.98 - $51.46 Hourly / $81,078.40 - $107,036.80 Annually
Benefits: The City of Eugene offers a great benefit package including holidays, vacation, sick leave, retirement benefits and a range of insurance benefits as well as training and advancement opportunities.
Work Location: Eugene Downtown Library - 4th floor, 100 W 10th Ave, Eugene, OR
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with flexibility per business need
Department/Division: Central Services Department / Finance Division
This position directs the work of the Financial Reporting & Payroll teams in the Finance Division to:
- Develop financial reports and recommendations.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll functions.
- Provide highly complex analytical support to the Finance Director and Executive Management Team.
- Complete other assignments requiring a comprehensive, broad knowledge of accounting and payroll theories, principles, practices, and procedures.
The Accounting and Reporting Manager will be:
- A skilled professional with strong communication skills (oral and written), excellent planning and organizational skills, and technical knowledge of accounting and payroll principles
- Experienced directing a team to work on complex tasks under tight deadlines, such as preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Able to work both in a team environment and independently with minimal guidance from the Finance Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job will be considered.
- Training & Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Public Administration, or a closely related field.
- Experience: Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, including two years of supervisory or program management experience.
Preferred Qualifications & Licenses:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration is preferred.
- Experience working for a government agency is preferred.
- Experience in government accounting or working as a municipal auditor is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant license (CPA)*
- *In lieu of CPA, a minimum of three years of experience in preparing complex annual financial statements and related footnotes either for a local government or corporation.
Accepting on-line applications only. Click the APPLY NOW button to go to our site and follow the application instructions.