Assistant Finance Director
The City of Medina, WA
Invites applications for the position of
Assistant Finance Director
Salary: $6,049 - $8,467 per month
Opening Date: April 25, 2022
Closing Date: Until filled
The Position: Assistant Finance Director (.7 FTE – Part-time)
The City of Medina’s Finance and HR Department provides the City of Medina a full range of accounting services. The department works to provide services and information to the public, the City Council, and city employees that are timely, impartial, supportive, and consistent with professional standards, legal requirements, and City policies. Services of the department include Treasury, ensure fiscal integrity & efficient use of revenue, budgeting, long-term financial planning, financial reporting, coordinating internal and external audits, risk management, pay roll & AP, employee recruitment, benefit administration, and employee & labor relations. The department operates on a 2022 budget of $575,000 with 1.7 FTEs including the Director.
Under general direction of the Director of Finance, the Assistant Finance Director performs complex, administrative, confidential, and technical Finance and Accounting functions required to control, maintain, and accurately report the financial operations of the City. This role provides oversight, accountability, and compliance with accounting standards.
- Generally accepted accounting principles, practices, laws, codes and procedures.
- Data processing and accounting functions related to multiple financial and payroll systems.
- Payroll practices and current payroll tax law.
- General Ledger Chart of Accounts (preferably) WA State BARS compliance.
- Bank and Cash Reconciliations.
- Municipal Government Accounting.
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- Work experience with increasing levels of responsibility in accounting/finance, including 5 years of payroll and accounting experience.
- Successfully completed Senior Level Accounting Coursework.
- High level of skill in accounting software programs, including Municipal Government Financial Software.
- Basic month end close accounting proficiency as well as financial reporting.
Or, any combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job, may be substituted for these qualifications.
TO APPLY - Submit completed city job application with a resume and cover letter to City of Medina – Assistant Finance Director Recruitment, 501 Evergreen Point Road, Medina WA 98039 or email to email@example.com. Application and full job description can be located on city website, www.medina-wa.gov.