Business Recruitment/Existing Industry Project Manager
The Development Authority of Bryan County is now accepting applications for a full-time Project Manager - Business Recruitment & Existing Industry.
This position to serve as a Project Manager for Business Recruitment and Existing Industry and report to the Vice President of the Development Authority of Bryan County (DABC). This employee will be expected to devote his or her time to economic development and the objectives of the DABC.
The job will include performing duties essential to the operational success of the DABC, including, but not limited to, the items below:
Assist with oversight of DABC's existing industry program to include but not be limited to:
- Conduct ongoing outreach and visitation program of all industries to include at least quarterly check-in calls and an annual face-to-face survey
- Connect key industry contacts to appropriate workforce resources to help industries meet hiring needs
- Assist with coordination of existing industry events
- Maintain an accurate database of existing industry contacts
- Assist with planning and implementation of Industry Day annually
- Draft monthly industry highlight articles
- Coordinate with Project Manager for Business Recruitment and Marketing to share news and information regarding existing industry on social media, when appropriate
- Assist with preparation for meetings and attend when necessary.
- Assist with prospect visits to include but not limited to: ensuring property being shown is clean and in a presentable condition before visits, setting up and breaking down equipment for on-site visits, assisting with the compilation of prospect packets and other materials, including presentations, and attending meetings as needed.
- Assist with the completion of project requests for information.
- Assist with conducting fiscal analysis of projects using software and training provided by DABC.
- Coordinate architectural review board (ARB) review of plans when applicable.
- Work with Vice President and Project Manager for Recruitment and Marketing to ensure all information on the DABC website is up-to-date and correct.
- Assist with application for and administration of grants.
- Assist with maintenance of a database of current utility, transportation, industrial market, and other relevant data.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with various DABC partners, including but not limited to the Georgia Department of Labor, Georgia Department of Economic Development, technical colleges and universities, Ft. Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield soldier transition offices, site selection consultants, and industrial real estate brokers.
- Attend board meetings and other DABC functions as requested by the Vice President. Work with other staff to ensure all reports/attachments are prepared for board meetings and functions as necessary.
- Inform the Vice President of work progress and conflicts of all activities and projects.
- Maintain self-motivation and ambitious work schedule; position will be expected to produce work drafts under tight deadlines with little to no direction that will be submitted to the Vice President and reviewed and modified as necessary.
- Work as a team player with other staff members.
- Abide by the adopted personnel policy.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information at all times.
- Punctuality and attendance are essential.
- Professional behavior is expected in the workplace and at all work-related functions.
- Position may occasionally require overnight travel, as well as after-hours (outside of Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) participation in meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Vice President. These duties will be within reason and appropriate boundaries.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required (with an emphasis in Business Administration, Marketing, or Economic Development preferred). Candidates with experience in project management, economic development, and/or workforce development are preferred. Microsoft Office proficiency is required. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or be able to secure same within 45 days of employment. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If you would like to be considered for this position we encourage you to apply today!
Development Authority of Bryan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Development Authority of Bryan County are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.