Coordinator III, Payroll Administration
Plans, manages, and coordinates multifaceted program activities and personnel of the payroll administration team; exercises leadership to design, create, implement, assess, and revise programs or activities of the office.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Six (6) years of progressively more responsible experience in payroll administration, some of which shall have been in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Advanced degree(s) beyond the minimum degree requirement in a relevant field may be considered for some experience.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations governing payroll administration operations and activities.
- Knowledge of employment regulations (i.e., labor, tax, and FLSA) and financial reporting standards as applied to payroll administration operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the HRIS system and related reporting tools, the financial management system as related to payroll processing activities, internal stand-alone applications, and external interface systems.
- Skill in personnel, financial, and administrative management. Ability to apply sound accounting and financial management concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to manage, evaluate, and supervise program activities and personnel.
- Ability to effectively lead teams in multiple projects.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and/or present information to groups.
- Proficiency in the use of technology and data compilation, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Supplemental course work in the principles, concepts, and methods of payroll
Equal Opportunity Employer