GPI is looking for self-motivated associates to be part of a success driven team. You will be directly responsible for producing quality products in a timely and efficient manner in order to deliver a quality product to our customers. Employees are cross trained to work in all areas of the production department.
- Assemble assigned product as instructed by Assembly Trainer.
- Insure a quality product by using tools in proper manner.
- Work as team member for the assigned product line by effectively communicating production needs and helping teammates to reach daily production goals.
- Keep work area clean and comply with 6S process for assigned line.
- Be flexible in job assignment and learn new skills so each employee can move to areas as assigned to complete assigned tasks.
- Participate in Lean manufacturing training and Kaizen events with a focus on eliminating waste in all production activities.
- Assemble product that meets the quality standards each and every time.
- This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the employee. The employee may be assigned other responsibilities as required of the position.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn to assemble product in an effective manner in order to meet production goals and eliminate variation in product.
- Ability to communicate with leaders and teammates in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Focused effort to produce a quality product each and every time.
- 18 years of age.
- Stable previous work history
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar production environment.
- Technical training at an accredited school.
- Ability to lift 50lbs minimum for all production lines which increases to 75lbs for Vane Pump.
- Standing on concrete factory floor for 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses and other PPE equipment as required for work function.
- Ability to safely reach, stretch, bend and lift parts and product from a standing position.
- Overhead lifting of various parts.
- Ability to work with various hand tools that require hand strength (10lbs) and flexibility including but not limited to hammers, screw drivers, crimping and torque wrenches. Tools / Equipment: Powered and hand tools to perform the function of product assembly. Some hand tools may have vibration.
- GPI production department is a very clean, airconditioned environment.
- GPI work culture is a very positive, inclusive, and team work atmosphere.
- GPI is continuing to grow and expand implementing more advanced processes.
GPI invests greatly in its people, providing the very best training available to those who wish to advance their career knowledge and many other technical, continuous improvement, and leadership training programs.