Jasper County School District
Under the supervision of the Finance Director. Performs routine and standardized duties involved in the processing of requests and requisition for purchases and supplies for the District. Ensures that the Procurement code is implemented accurately, per the SC and District's procurement code procedure and policy; and develops and maintains purchasing records.
Minimum Education and Training:
Requires at least an Associate's Degree
At least three years of general procurement or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
If this opportunity interests you we encourage you to apply today at:
• Under the supervision of the Finance Director
• Performs routine and standardized duties involved in the processing of requests and requisition for purchases and supplies for the District
• Ensures that the Procurement code is implemented accurately, per the SC and District's procurement code procedure and policy; and develops and maintains purchasing records
• Enters completed requisitions into the computer system; processes and prints purchase orders; reviews requisitions for accuracy, completion, clarity and compliance with the South Carolina Department of Education and District's procurement code
• Evaluates procurement requirements and determines what type of bid will best serve the District
• Prepares formal or informal solicitations for public viewing based on the dollar amount
• Initiates contacts with vendors relative to food, supplies and equipment availability, purchase orders, contracts and delivery; negotiates competitive prices; investigates delayed deliveries
• Develops and maintains purchasing records; prepares correspondence relative to District purchasing activities
• Resolves purchasing discrepancies
• Responds to customer problems and concerns
• May be responsible for managing the procurement card system and processes
• Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits various records and reports including requisitions, purchase orders, specifications, vendor reports, change orders, contract documents and agreements, memos, correspondence, etc.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as immediate supervisor, co-workers, other District administrators and staff, state and federal agencies, vendors and the general public
• Complies with all federal laws, state statutes, Board policies, administrative rules, and directives
• Performs related duties as required by supervisor
Jasper County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Jasper County School District are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.