OPEN: February 12, 2024 CLOSES: Open until Filled
SALARY: Based on Qualifications
LOCATION: Kickapoo Tribal Health Center, McLoud, Oklahoma
This position organizationally falls under the Finance Director of the Kickapoo Tribal Health Center (KTHC) as operated by the Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma. Operational hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as needed to address the primary health care needs of the population served. The purpose of this position is to provide professional accounting services to support the Finance Department; the incumbent will work independently and as a member of a project team.
- The Senior Accountant will perform banking activities including bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for management of the Kickapoo Tribal Health Center and Business Committee of the Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma. Assist the Finance Director in the oversight of the Accounting Department, and with the external audit.
- Provide supervision of the Accounting Department in the absence of the Finance Director.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in accounting, business or finance or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree or CPA, preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in the fund accounting environment
- Experience with a computerized accounting system required.
- Previous audit and grant experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all phases of the job duties.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and written.
- All applicants tentatively selected for employment will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and random drug testing throughout employment.
- Will be required to have an OSBI and Federal background clearance.
- Must have valid Oklahoma Driver License
The Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma is committed to Equal Employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. However, in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25 U.S. Code 472 and 473) preference in filling vacancies are given to qualified Indian candidates. Please submit a copy of CDIB card with resume if claiming Indian Preference.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" to submit your resume to the Kickapoo Tribal Health Center.
Kickapoo Tribal Health Center is an At-Will Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace