Reports to: Executive Vice President
FLSA Exempt (Salaried)
Location: Onsite – Charlotte, NC
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. Provide onsite support to the Controller to assist with the confidential functions of the financial operations to fulfill the strategic goals of the company.
• Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
• Enters and maintains accounts receivable
• Enters and maintains accounts payable
• Maintains the general ledger.
• Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
• Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
• Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
• Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
• Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
• Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
• Participate in meetings and represent LSI in the applicable capacity as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Business related travel is +/- 5%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (equivalent education/and or experience may substitute)
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in accounting or related field required.
• Three years of administrative experience required.
• Accounting experience in manufacturing is a plus.
• Payroll/HRIS experience strongly preferred.
• Strong communication skills including written and verbal to be used to effectively communicate
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Prolonged periods of walking around the facilities on a very regular basis.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to work in an environment with changing noise levels caused by machinery, etc.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
LIONS SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VETERAN