Milton Town School District is seeking a highly collaborative and strategic business manager to work alongside the MTSD Director of Operations to provide cost-effective leadership in administering the financial affairs of the MTSD. The ideal candidate will work in tandem with the MTSD Director of Operations to manage a four-person business team.
Candidates must have expertise in accounting with experience in business and/or school finance and be able to work with diverse stakeholders to provide the necessary educational services with the financial resources available and to ensure that the school district derives maximum benefits from the prudent expenditure of funds via the administration and supervision of all programming. Salary and benefits comparable to education and experience.
Welcome to Milton Town School District
Milton Town School District is focused on continuous improvement of learning and teaching, offering ample opportunities for professional growth. Just 25 minutes from Burlington, the urban center of Vermont, Milton is an easy commute from Chittenden and Franklin Counties. Milton’s location provides access to numerous cultural venues, including Flynn Theater, The University of Vermont, Shelburne Museum, and Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park. Milton has excellent recreational facilities, such as Sand Bar State Park, Arrowhead Public Golf course, and Eagle Mountain Hiking trails.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Business or Accounting with comparable experience considered
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting or business administration in a school setting or
- Citizenship, residency, or work visa
- Supports the Director of Operations in preparing financial statements for the MTSD Board Trustee. The comparable experience
Business Manager is not required to attend Board meetings.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders as applicable.
- Implement district policies; follow school practices/procedures.
- Collaboratively provide supervision and leadership to a small business office team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
- Model professional behavior at all times.
- Collaborate with other school and district staff members to achieve the district’s mission and school’s
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the superintendent.annual goals.
Equal Opportunity Employee
Milton Town School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Deadline: Until Filled