Seeking qualified applicants with financial management or school business operations experience. The North Kingstown School Department is a dynamic organization to work for and has an excellent benefits package. All applications must be submitted through Schoolspring.com. SchoolSpring Job ID #: 3965730. Posting closes on August 2, 2022.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Supervises a staff of two employees in the Payroll and Business Offices. Maintains the financial accounting of the school department’s General Operating Fund, Enterprise, Capital, Special Revenue and Custodial funds. Assumes responsibility for the daily business office operations including all revenue funds, purchasing, accounts receivables, accounts payables, billings, and fixed assets. Assists in the preparation and administration of the school committee budget including responsibility for all Budget Status Reports.
1. Prepares and assists the Director of Finance with the financial accounting for all school funds (General, Special Revenue, Capital, Enterprise, and Custodial funds).
2. Assists in the preparation of the Superintendent’s budget as well as all stages of the School Committee’s annual budget. Responsible for producing the annual salary and employee benefit portion of the budget. Assists the Director of Finance in consolidating the entire budget for import into the Financial Software.
3. Directly supervises the business office functions including revenue, purchasing, accounts receivables, accounts payables, invoicing, and fixed assets.
4. Assists the Information Technology (IT) Department with all System Administration duties for our financial software (Munis) and our Digital Document Manager (Tyler Content Manager). Coordinates with the IT Department all software related issues, software upgrades and software training for the school department. In conjunction with the IT Department, creates new user accounts, user roles, data and menu access and disables terminated employee user accounts.
5. Supervises the preparation of quarterly / annual financial status reports and cash reimbursement requests for all applicable federal, state and local grants ensuring timely reporting to RIDE or grantor.
6. Works in conjunction with grant managers and Department Heads to monitor budgets for all Special Revenue and Enterprise Funds. Ensures all accounts remain within budget. Oversees financial reporting, as required.
7. Aligns/creates general ledger accounts to conform to RIDE Uniform Chart of Accounts. Submits annual UCOA data files to RIDE for validation.
8. Assists Director of Finance in preparation of monthly financial statements for the school committee, school administrators, RIDE and town administration.
9. Assists the Director of Finance with preparation of the monthly budget projection report of year end revenue and expenses (i.e., General Fund and Food Service Fund).
10. Responsible for posting and reconciling the general ledger. Works with the Director of Finance in preparation of all necessary data and schedules for the annual audit.
11. Add/Retire/Dispose all fixed assets and perform annual Depreciation entries in the Fixed Asset accounting system.
12. Maintain Position Control data (FTE’s, Salary Grade/Step, General Ledger account numbers, etc.)
13. Assist the Director of Finance in completing the annual Indirect Cost Schedule for RIDE and all supporting schedules.
14. In conjunction with the Finance Director, prepare Quarterly and Annual State of RI Municipal Transparency reports.
15. Perform monthly reconciliation of all Due To/ Due From accounts between funds.
16. Assist Accounts Receivable Clerk with monthly reconciliation of all Accounts Receivable accounts.
17. Supervise A/R Clerk to ensure all District tuition receivables are billed and collected on a timely basis.
18. Prepare monthly Budget Reports for School Committee and Director of Finance.
19. Annually provide data to actuaries for the preparation of the annual OPEB GASB 75 Actuarial Valuation report included in the audit.
20. Calculate and review with the Director of Finance the annual cost schedules from UCOA expense data to be used for the invoicing of tuition for Jamestown and other Out of District students attending school in North Kingstown.
21. Coordinate all aspects of the school department’s annual financial audit in compliance with the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
22. Interface with the Special Education department to ensure accurate projections and reporting of the special education revenues and expenditures.
23. Work with Crystal Reports from the Munis Database to provide financial data to end users as needed.
24. Attends School Committee meetings, budget meetings, budget workshops and other meetings as requested by the Superintendent of Schools or Director of Finance.
25. Perform month end and year end closings in the financial software.
26. Annually, maintain and update financial allocation codes for the Payroll and Purchasing/Accounts Payable General Ledger.
27. Performs other tasks as may be required from time to time by the Director of Finance.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.