NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
The Purchasing Administrator position will be responsible for administrative services that will support the Research Foundation's business operations effort. The Purchasing Administrator primary responsibilities will be to support the efforts of the Procurement Department and Senior Procurement Administrator while supporting and collaborating with other operations departments.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Procurement Administration - Initiation of Procurements
- Receipt and tracking of purchase requests (Requisitions)
- Purchase order encumbrance
- Prioritizing urgent matters
- Procurement Administration - Procurement Support
- Execute blanket purchase order releases, invoice review & payment authorization.
- Initiate Purchase Order Changes
- Approve Online Order requests.
- Procurement Administration - Departmental Support
- Monitoring Procurement office email Inbox/phone line
- Internal (Departmental and Organizational) notifications
- Maintain all documents in an organized, detailed and centralized filing system.
- Assist in procurement record archival storage.
- Grant review
- Ensure all procurements comply with federal, state and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of expenditures against awards /grants
- Other Reasonable Duties as Assigned
- This entry-level professional position requirements include a High school graduate (or GED)
- 1-2 years of transactional/data entry work experience in business/finance setting
- Microsoft office literate
- Possession of superior attention to detail capabilities.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- This is an on-site position with the potential of hybrid eligibility after a probationary period and pending supervisory continuous approval.
- Business administration education
- Ein a sponsored/grant funded organization
- 2+ years of transactional data entry/work experience
- Inclusive of experience with invoice creation/review duties.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account.
Salary Range: $55,341-$57,250
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply, please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.