Senior Corporate Accountant (Remote Role)
OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for assisting in all areas related to the monthly reporting cycle. This position will directly own monthly entries and reconciliations and will be responsible for researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise.
Core responsibilities – about the role
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Prepares the monthly and quarterly journal entries, including but not limited to the following: expense accruals, fixed asset activities, payroll-related activities, and intercompany transactions
- Substantiate journal entries with supporting documentation
- Responsible for performing monthly general ledger closing procedures, including account analysis and reconciliations and reconciling subledger activities
- Aid in other accounting processes, such as software capitalization, income tax, sales tax, and/or stock compensation
- Liaise with various departments for accounting matters, including but not limited to, Information Technology, Operations, Sales and FP&A
- Actively participate in the design, development, and implementation of process improvements that create efficiencies and improve the integrity of the company’s financial reporting system
- Prepares or serves as first-level reviewer of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Work directly with internal and external auditors to provide supporting documentation
- Assist in supervising/reviewing work of staff accountant; coordinate activities, answer questions, provide guidance and feedback
- Ensure compliance with internal controls (with regards to SOX 404 requirements), policies and procedures to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting
- Assist Accounting Manager with special projects and ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Participate in weekly team meetings to review day to day activity, monthly results and discuss the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
Qualifications – about you
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in accounting and finance
- Thorough understanding of US General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and a CPA is a plus
- Inventory accounting experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and general accounting software applications is required
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- SOX, audit and/or compliance experience is a plus
- Experience with Netsuite ERP is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously and manage multiple deadlines, and work with grace under pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team, as appropriate
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustain our “secret sauce.”
- Recognition: we celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Fourteen (14) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Olaplex, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.