Executive Assistant, Programs & Initiatives
The Office of the President seeks an Executive Assistant (EA) to join its team. The EA’s primary role will be to support two leadership executives in the Programs and Initiatives departments. Support will include a variety of tasks, including scheduling, meeting coordination and preparation, assisting with and managing calendars, appointments, work-related travel, events and expenses.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who is flexible and proactive. This person needs to be able to anticipate the needs of the executives and departments they support. The individual is a detail-oriented problem solver with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing multiple tasks. Internal and external requests are followed through until completion. The ideal candidate manages complex schedules, operates calmly in high-pressure situations, and has exceptional interpersonal skills. This person will exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality with sensitive material. The individual also is globally minded and enjoys working in a diverse, cross-cultural environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion as a liaison to both departments on daily operational and administrative matters.
• Oversee management of calendars, receives and screens; prioritize incoming requests, calls and visitors.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for presentations, agendas, reports, special projects and other documents in support of department objectives.
• Conserve the executives’ time by taking initiative to collect and analyze information as needed in advance of meetings and project deadlines.
• Perform routine administrative tasks, including correspondence, signature requests and travel and accommodation arrangements for executives.
• Track, manage and prepare expense reports in a timely manner.
• Maintain a project tracking system and prepare regular status reports for executives.
• Work closely and collaborate with other executive assistants on the President’s Team.
• Support and coordinate all meeting needs of both departments, including catering, meeting setup/takedown and distribution of meeting materials.
• Serve as backup to provide coverage to executive assistants on the President’s Team.
• Support preparation and distribution of board meeting materials, including for Program-Related Investments and Grants committees.
• Assist with meeting minutes and maintain permanent records for committee meetings.
• Oversee the proper retention and destruction of critical program documents.
• Some travel may be required.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Minimum five years in a senior support role or combination of relevant education, experience and training.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Alignment with the Foundation’s mission and vision.
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as a core value.
• Strong interpersonal skills, business sense and professionalism to communicate effectively with a range of personality types and seniority levels.
• Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, team environment with sometimes high levels of ambiguity and independence.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Independent, resourceful and confident with deciphering priorities and making sound judgement calls as needed.
• Commitment to excellence on a consistent basis in performing duties.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Teams and a demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new applications.
• Ability to occasionally work outside of core business hours.
• Full COVID-19 vaccination, including applicable booster shots required.
Reports to: Manager of the President’s Office
Last Updated: August 2022
Interested candidates should include a cover letter with their resume.