The purpose of this position is to develop and oversee the accounts receivable functions for Ridgewater College. This position analyzes and develops all accounts receivable processes and creates workflows to ensure accounts are effectively monitored and maintained, assuring that receivables and revenues are properly recorded and accounted for. This position also serves as the initial point of contact for the Business Office cashier window on the Willmar Campus providing outstanding customer service while serving the needs of students and internal stakeholders. This position has the primary responsibility to receipt payments received by the Willmar campus, including but not limited to third-party funding, EFT payments and financial aid funding. This person also provides cost allocation support, documenting monthly mileage and mail logs, and reconciling Voyager gas card receipts.
• Two years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to actively listen and understand customer needs. Provide accurate information or appropriate alternatives in a timely, courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in numerous formats for diverse audiences to motivate and share information.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a diverse environment and fully support the college’s commitment to equity and inclusion.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures, arithmetic, and mathematics sufficient to compute totals, averages, and percentages of numerical data and to review or reconcile data.
• Strong computer experience with programs such as Microsoft Office; specifically excel and word.
• AA/AS Accounting
• Experience or education in bookkeeping/accounting
• Ability to organize, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines as well as acquire new skills and knowledge to adapt to changes in position. * Ability to work with constant interruptions.
• Knowledge of ISRS, MnSCU Accounting, Microsoft Outlook, Internet, credit card systems, State of MN eServices (DOR collections) and ImageNow.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles and concepts, business, and governmental accounting terminology.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others throughout department and campus.
• Ability to Develop and document procedures. Recommending best practices and revisions as requirements and technology changes.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
AA/EEO employer -A member of Minnesota State