Are you looking to work for a company consistently rated as a Best Place to Work?
Explore why our Good Vibes culture drives our credit union mantra, People Helping People!
Our Accounting team in Latham, NY is hiring. Typical hours: Monday-Friday 8-4:30pm
Upon completion of training, this position is eligible for telecommuting, up to two days per week.
This position receives the daily work from all credit union branches and balances the branch total with that of data processing system.
- Process returned items as they are received by Alloya, ensuring the items are reversed properly from member accounts and all corresponding letters/receipts are sent the same day. Keeps Risk Management aware and updated on any possible fraud situations.
- Balancing Credit Union Suspense accounts and Bill Matrix account daily. Follow up with departments with discrepancies and help resolve any issues. Keep Assistant Accounting Manager or Accounting Manager informed on any differences that carry over.
- Balance Shared Branching transactions and sort receipts daily. Answer any Shared Branching questions/requests and update ISO Tables weekly.
- Process and remit Federal Backup Withholding as required. Prepares annual Form 945.
- Balances and reconciles specific general ledger accounts including, but not limited to, the payroll account, gift cards, reloadable cards, and other Month End general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Alternates as Enterer or Verifier for WireXChange to process outgoing wires and post incoming wires. Be an Enterer or Verifier as assigned for international wires.
- Answers Accounting phones, handling member questions and cross selling all credit union products and services whenever possible. Provides Wow! service in each interaction with members and staff, exemplifying the credit union’s mission of exceeding expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of general accounting experience;
- Aptitude with figures and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others, including exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace.
Sunmark Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.