Student Activities Coordinator
Student Activities Coordinator
Supervise Campus Activities Board, and attend associated activities and meetings. Recommend, organize and facilitate programs and activities and promote student involvement. Assist in planning of campus programs including Homecoming, New Student Weekend and similar activities.
• Bachelor's degree and related work experience
Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Attractive and comprehensive fringe benefit package. Annual salary range is $40,597.00 - $50,746.00
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Responsible for supervising and training the Student Activities Board and Traditions staff.
2. Organize a variety of activities, events, and leadership programs that support students' co-curricular learning objectives and life outside of the classroom.
3. Assist in planning and implementation for Week of Welcome, Healthy Relationships Week, Diversity and Inclusion programming, and other themed weeks.
4. Train the Student Activities Board to write contracts, successfully plan and execute campus wide events, promote events, and other job responsibilities.
5. Assess Student Activities Board activities and events through tracking number of attendees and completion of feedback surveys.
6. Recruit students to participate in the Student Activities Board and maintain student development and community with non-executive board members.
7. Responsible for managing the online presence of the Student Activities Board through various online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
8. Coordinate events with the Recreational Center, Athletics, Club and Organizations, Multicultural and International Programs, and other departments on campus affiliations and off campus affiliations.
9. Responsible for managing the financial paperwork and processes for Student Activities Board, Spirit and Traditions.
10. Strategize creative ways to engage students in a fast-paced environment.
11. Promote and organize an educational environment for all student employees to engage and enhance their overall work and learning experience while employed within the Student Activities Office.
12. Work within the Wayne community to establish relationships and offer additional support for our students through programs and activities throughout the community.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1-3 years experience
Demonstrated knowledge of concepts and procedures related to Student Clubs/Organizations and activities in higher education.
Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and enjoy working in a high-traffic, fast-paced environment.
Computer and database skills.
Ability to facilitate group discussions, organize and lead training sessions and make presentations.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Programming and event management experience.
Availability to work non-traditional work schedule, after hours and weekend availability.
WSC is an EOE
Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.