The South Plains Regional Workforce Development Board dba Workforce Solutions South Plains is currently accepting applications for the following position:
ACCOUNTANT: Performs various accounting functions including general ledger analysis and reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, bank reconciliations, financial reporting.
JOB SUMMARY: Work involves maintaining, records, documents, or reports. May specialize in some phase of accounting work such as state funds accounting, property and equipment control, cost, budgeting, or bond servicing. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMEND:
- Maintains and balances financial statements, reports, schedules, and exhibits; processes general journal entries; and processes payment, cash, purchase, travel, and related vouchers.
- Audit’s accounting and financial documents for accuracy and compliance with departmental policies and procedures and state and federal statutes.
- Classifies, codes, posts, and balances financial and accounting documents and records.
- Receives cash, prepares deposit slips, and maintains cash control records.
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies in accounts, bank statements, or appropriation balances, and report findings.
- May maintain accounting files and reports.
- May conduct an annual inventory of equipment and property.
- May prepare periodic analyses of fund balances and expenditures.
- May prepare technical reports on estimates, cost data, and budget items.
- Performs related work as required.
- Assists in close-out procedures of sub-agencies; closing out accounting records, preparing close out reports, and preparing financial statements.
- Responsible for assisting auditors during annual visits.
- Responsible for Child Care budget and fiscal reporting to State or Federal agencies.
- Responsible for Child Care projections and expenditures reporting.
- Responsible for reconciling shared facility agreements including revising Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s) as needed, invoicing partners, creating and clearing receivables.
- Responsible for reconciling and maintaining the Board’s savings account to accurately account for staff retirement contributions.
- Responsible for cash management for Child Care program.
- Responsible for data entry into the TWC TWIST and Cash Draw systems.
- Act as the Travel Coordinator: making travel arrangements as needed and keeping accurate records to justify travel costs.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory; to interpret laws and regulations; to work accurately with numerical detail’; to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data; and to communicate effectively.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONS:
- Familiarity with accounting and financial operations.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field is generally preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an accounting related position.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, walk, or stand for extended periods of time.
- On occasion, the employee will be required to lift/push/ or pull file boxes that may weigh up to 25lbs.
- Possesses the ability to adapt to inclement weather conditions and /or situations.
- Ability to travel within the South Plains Workforce Board fifteen county region.
- Noise level in the office environment is moderate.
- Must be able to provide reliable self-transportation for regional travel and maintain a valid Texas motor vehicle driver license or permit of appropriate classification and endorsement as required. Must agree to maintain a satisfactory MR and minimum requirement of insurability required by law. MVR background check will be conducted by the agency.
Full health/dental benefits available after 60-day probationary period, 401k retirement plan.
Open until filled. Position is permanent full-time information available at www.workintexas.com Job Order #15665176.
Click APPLY NOW to send resume’ and cover letter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program and Services. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities TDD/TTY 1-800-735-2989.