WHO WE ARE
The Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (WCADVSA) is a social change, non-profit, non-governmental organization that was founded in 1986 to support statewide needs of domestic violence and sexual assault (DVSA) programs, their communities, and survivors across Wyoming. The work of the WCADVSA is guided and supported by its staff and DVSA membership. Through a collective voice, we are committed to provide leadership, education, and system advocacy to advance social change and end violence. For the WCADVSA Fiscal Officer position, hiring will be based on qualifications and organizational needs.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The WCADVSA is committed to diversity of experience and background in its workforce. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The WCADVSA welcomes diversity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or three years related work experience.
- Non-profit accounting and government grant management experience.
- Experience in supervising.
- Extensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, government grants, cost allocation and budgeting, and a desire to use these skills for the growth and development of a non-profit committed to ending gender based violence.
- Extensive proficiency with fiscal management systems, i.e. QuickBooks.
- Extensive proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with computer systems, internet technology, and software, including the Google platform and Microsoft programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from varied backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities. Individuals with lived experiences will be given preference.
- Understanding causes of violence rooted in racism and oppression as connected to domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking with a strong commitment to ending violence and oppression of all peoples.
- Demonstrated program development and project management skills and ability to work effectively with co-workers and partners.
- Ability to manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete work within established time frames without direct day-to-day supervision.
The Fiscal Officer manages all bookkeeping and accounting functions and financial grant compliance. This overall management is supported by the Fiscal Assistant and Interim Co-Executive Directors, along with support from programmatic staff as it relates to intersections of financial and programmatic work. More specifically, overall responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage budgets based on the goals and objectives of current funding sources, complete financial grant compliance reporting on time, and prepare accurate monthly financial statements of each funding source.
- Correlate vouchers and receipts; write checks; accounts payable and receivable; compiling, filing and disbursing financial data; and account reconciliations.
- Process and complete payroll on a semi-monthly basis.
- Accurate agency taxation and lead organization compliance and cooperation in the annual single audit.
- Accurate filing and the ability to keep required forms current.
- Supervise the WCADVSA Fiscal Assistant.
- Assist Directors in financial requirements of each funding source and be able to offer help or technical assistance to staff and member programs.
- Maintain confidentiality as required by law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The WCADVSA is in transition of moving towards collective leadership with Interim Co- Executive Directors. Transition can be difficult and also a time of co-creation.
- As an organization, we strive to provide a work environment that reflects the needs of employees not only in their work but within the intersections of their personal lives. The WCADVSA works to respond to immediate needs of staff, while also being proactive. We value celebrating and supporting one another through relationships based on lived-experience and individual needs.
- The WCADVSA embraces ongoing training, continued education, and learning through models that aren’t necessarily the norm. Staff have the opportunity to also participate in internal gatherings for collective liberation and supporting social norms change to end violence in Wyoming.
- The position is based in the WCADVSA Laramie office. We encourage casual dress, with business attire when meeting with business contacts. WCADVSA will provide a computer, printer, telephone, and other equipment required to be able to complete position responsibilities. Knowledge about equipment setup and basic troubleshooting is important.
- We are open to pets hanging out with staff in the offices!
- Successfully complete background checks upon hiring.
We value opportunities for staff to be relational with one another and specifically in this position, as project development and support relates to other staffs’ activities. This position is supervised by a WCADVSA Interim Co-Executive Director who was the prior Associate Director.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Adhere to all stipulations of the WCADVSA Policies.
At-Will, Full Time 40 Hours Per Week, Exempt.
$60,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
The WCADVSA offers a competitive package that includes benefit dollars for Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance. The WCADVSA recognizes the importance of leave to sustain staff by providing vacation, sick, personal, medical, and holiday leave. We honor the lifetime sustainability of staff by providing retirement options through the Wyoming Retirement System and other retirement supports. The WCADVSA also provides a daily paid lunch hour as part of a regular day of work.
POSITION FUNDING SOURCE SUPPORT
This position is primarily funded through federal sources administered through the U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Please submit a resume with a cover letter. In your cover letter, please share your interest in working for the WCADVSA and your qualifications for the position. You’re welcome to share more in your cover letter that you think will be helpful. Please also include contact information of three professional-related references, they will not be contacted without your permission. You may deliver your submission in any of the following ways:
- Email to Tiffany Eskelson-Maestas at email@example.com.
- Mail to WCADVSA – Attn: Tiffany Eskelson-Maestas - PO Box 236 / Laramie, WY 82073
- Hand-deliver to WCADVSA - 710 Garfield, Suite 218 / Laramie, WY 82070
Submissions will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until the position is filled.